Week One | Chile Diary

5 ago 2013


30/07/13 - 04/08/13

Craziest week ever in my life. All the changes, the feelings, the excitement, everything is so surreal.

My first day at Chile was full of surprises, I stayed two nights at a hostel near to our house because I arrived to Chile the 29th at night, but the landlady from the house was going to give to us the keys the 31. So, the first day I had a bad jet lag and I had a big urge to sleep, that's why I woke up really late. Later I went for a walk searching for a bank and for food. Everything was so different, starting with the money change. At Chile we use two more zeros (comparing the money with Mexico's), so everything seems to be really expensive and it is very difficult to know if it is cheap or worth the prize. After we (Elena and I) survived our first day we went super early to sleep because at Chile is winter, and it's really cold, and we are not used to this weather.



The next day we woke up just in time to go for the keys and to meet our new family, our roommates: Charly, David, and later, Klaus, the newest member (yes, we are 5 at the department, 2 girls and 3 guys). I was totally amazed with our view and with the Whole department, it is really pretty, secure and with a lot of nice and 'home like' details.
I made a 'depa-tour' you can watch it HERE.




That day we unpacked, went grocery shopping, and stayed up late talking and getting to know each other. Then we had our first day at the university. We didn't go to any classes, just a little introduction to the system, to the teachers and crew.
It was a really fun-international day. We had to talk in some weird "spanglish" because some of the people who is at this exchange are from Germany, Austria, Brazil and some other places where they don't speak nor english or spanish, so they are still learning. It was really funny, everyone of us trying to communicate to each other like babies.
But then in my way back to our department something really sad happened, someone stole my iPhone, so this pictures are from other friends or instagram. I lost all my vlogs, also.




After spending two days at school, getting ready to start, knowing the system and chatting with all the international students we decided to go out on a friday night and here's another /curious different thing from México! here, at Chile, people go out from 23:00 to 4:00 - 5:00 in the morning, it's crazy! we arrived at our home at 4 in the morning, and, if I'm not wrong, the next day I woke up around 1 in the afternoon (13:00), cooked some food and then we went clubbing again!
Sunday was a calm day, everyone of us stayed at home to do some cleaning, washing the clothes and finally eat homemade food.
I feel so good right now, I do miss my friends, my house, my family, the weather, but being here is such a challenge and I love it! I really like my roommates, my new house, the school is amazing, I can't wait to start the classes!




2 Comments:

Just follow you! can you follow me back? (:
-Regina

ohhmygossip.blogspot.com

Just follow you! can you follow me back? (:
-Regina

ohhmygossip.blogspot.com