Cake Pops | DIY

16 jun 2012

Do you Remember the "Happy-bday blog" photoshoot? For the decoration I made pink and white Cake Pops and now they are probably one of my favorite treats! I love how they look like cute little lollipops and the best part is that they can be made into any color or flavor. A lot of people ask me about them, so here is a step-by-step tutorial made my mom and I, for making the perfect cake pops.
La receta en español AQUÍ


1. Bake a cake, any flavor you like.


2. Add 2 cups of frosting, I used a store-bought frosting for these. 3. Use your hands to mix together the frosting and the cake. 4. Now, with your hands make small balls, about 3-4 tablespoons each.


A standard size cake will make around 50 pops, in the picture we have to flavors, because at the same time my mom was making chocolate cake pops.
5. Now put them in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours. 6. Dip a lollipop stick in the melted chocolate and push the stick through the cold cake pop.


7. Dip the pop in the melted chocolate. 8. Allow any excess chocolate to drip off the pop. I like to drizzle on a bit more chocolate just to add texture and some sprinkles to add color.


Try to make them and tell me how it went! You can find other DIY for making cake pops here and here, and my favorite is Bakerella, love her blog! If I had the time I will probably make every recipe!

If you want this DIY in spanish CLICK HERE!




1 Comments:

Dios de mi vida Luisa
Mala hora para ver tu post..ahora quiero pasteeeeeeel